Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 10.7 IF output Scanner Suggestions sought

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 10.7 IF output Scanner Suggestions sought
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:05:52 -0800

On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 05:55:54PM -0500, M. Ranganathan wrote:
> I am hoping somebody can recommend a scanner with a 10.7 MHZ IF output
> to connect to the Ettus Research USRP + Basic RX that I just recently
> acquired. I googled around and found a couple but I lack experience to
> which ones are good. Any suggestions? I am just getting started with
> this and I could use some help.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Ranga

You're going to be hard pressed to beat the price on a TVRX
daughterboard.  Also, the code to control it is already written, and
it has a wider IF passband than most scanners.

FWIW, I've got a AR8600 with a 10.7 MHz output, but I haven't had
occasion to used it since Matt started shipping daughterboards that
cover the bands I'm interested in.  With a TVRX and DBSRX, you've got
coverage from 50 MHz to 2.4 GHz.

Eric