[Discuss-gnuradio] OT: Is there any Linux GPIB control software for an H

From: John Clark
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] OT: Is there any Linux GPIB control software for an HP 8640 SigGen (and not Labview...)
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:54:55 -0800

Ok, I have my USRP setup understood, now I want to setup a calibration procedure, using an HP 8640B Signal Generator. The last time I had an interest in GPIB was in the early 80's and programming the TI 9914... (whatever happened to the TI 9900 CPU... but I digress...).

Anyway, I basically want to be able to set the HP for a give frequency and amplitude, then acquire a set of FFT samples, then move to the next frequency. Rather than have someone take 80 samples per setting, running across the HP output range, and the USRP 'gain', decimation
settings, etc. I would like to automate this.

So, is there some linux package that allows for controlling the HP via a GPIB interface
card, which does not involve the still expensive LabView?

Thanks.
John Clark