Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Ubuntu and make check (weird results)

From: Shravan Rayanchu
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Ubuntu and make check (weird results)
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 03:11:59 -0600

Hi Jonathan,

Just to be sure, I checked out a new version and followed the steps
again. It works!!
The Makefile points to the correct swig. May be the problem was not
doing a distclean.

Thanks so much!

Shravan

On 12/3/06, Johnathan Corgan <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, 2006-12-03 at 02:11 -0600, Shravan Rayanchu wrote:

> I installed swig-1.3.31 and ran "bootstrap, configure, make and make
> check", but I get the same errors again.

> What else could be the problem ..?

Did it actually rebuild any files?  Just being paranoid, I'd do a 'make
distclean' and then try the above steps again.

Also, verify that the config system is picking up your custom installed
swig binary vs. the original one.  In the top-level directory in the
Makefile you should see a line that says:

SWIG = /usr/local/bin/swig -c++

You can force the correct choice by uninstalling the Ubuntu supplied
package, leaving only your custom compiled swig binary for the configure
script to find.

If, after that, you still get the problems, we'll need to dig deeper.

--
Johnathan Corgan, AE6HO
Corgan Enterprises LLC