RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Transmit Frequencies

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Transmit Frequencies
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 18:08:35 -0500

Scott,

Thomas' email is correct, using the BasicTX boards, you can only transmit up
to 44 MHz and because of the 128 Msps DAC, you can only get up to 64 MHz
from a comms. perspective. However, you can cheat (sort of) by using the
sampling process of the system. When you sample the original frequency, you
get images around the sampling frequencies, in this case 128 Msps. Out of
the BasicTX, you get three fairly strong signals: one at the specified
center frequency (fc), one at 128 MHz + fc, and one at 128 MHz - fc.

You won't be able to hit your target of 72 MHz this way, though (128 - 44 =
84 MHz), but I point it out in case it helps.

Tom