Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] audio sampling rate problem after Ubuntu 6.06 dow

From: Dave hartzell
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] audio sampling rate problem after Ubuntu 6.06 downgrade...
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 13:08:30 -0800

Yep, that worked.

Thanks!

On 12/2/06, Berndt Josef Wulf <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sunday 03 December 2006 06:26, Dave hartzell wrote:
> After a failed attempt to upgrade to Ubuntu 6.10, I reformatted and
> re-installed 6.06.  I had heard of problems to 6.10 (broken X), but
> didn't listen....
>
> I'm back to normal (at least with Gnu Radio) and now I'm having an
> audio card sample rate problem that was NOT there with my initial
> install of 6.06.
>
> This can be fixed with the "-O plughw:0,0" runtime CLI option, but
> anyone have any clues as to why this is required now?  No hardware was
> changed in the install process...maybe I should upgrade from the
> on-board sound...

G'day,

You may want to create a directory such as

mkdir ~/.gnuradio

Then create a file called "config.conf" containing your default settings
(below are those of mine):

[audio]
audio_module = audio_oss

[audio_oss]
default_input_device = /dev/audio
default_output_device = /dev/audio
latency = 0.005

This should do the trick.

cheerio Berndt

--
"Truth and technology will triumph over bullsh*t and bureaucracy!" -
Rene Anselmo.