Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SWIG 1.3.31 now required on the trunk

From: Lamar Owen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SWIG 1.3.31 now required on the trunk
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 18:22:30 -0500

On Thursday 30 November 2006 18:01, Eric Blossom wrote:
> We've decided to require SWIG 1.3.31 to compile the trunk.

Really.  This makes support on anything older than bleeding edge very
difficult.

> We try to avoid upping the mininum rev level of any our dependencies,
> but this one's required for proper support of SWIG "directors".

What do 'directors' do that GNUradio has to have?  In other words, why the
need?  Just curious.

> Sorry for any inconvenience this may bring.

Sorry for sounding less than thrilled at the thought of having to go back to
the bad old days of multiple SWIG versions (thought I was over that once I
got up to Fedora Core 5 from CentOS 4).  It could be more than just an
inconvenience to some (depending upon how old their distribution is), and
that's why I'm curious why it has to be 1.3.But again, I'm just curious, as I
didn't see much discussion on the list prior to this (or I'm just blind to
the messages, one).
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology