Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Thanks GnuRadio!

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Thanks GnuRadio!
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:16:51 -0800

Eric Hill Matlis wrote:
> Hi all, I just wanted to thank the GnuRadio community for such a great
> effort.  I recently gave a talk at the American Physical Society
> (Division of Fluid Dynamics) in which I presented results on a new
> flow-velocity sensor I'm developing that produces an AM waveform.
> Until recently I've been using standard data acquisition techniques
> with an 8-bit Lecroy DSO to capture the signal and perform
> demodulation in post-processing. However, just before the conference,
> I successfully integrated GnuRadio and the USRP into the experiment,
> and boy what a difference those 12-bit digitizers make to demodulate
> the signal!  Not to mention the real-time processing.  Plus I
> demonstrated wireless transmission from the sensor, which is a real coup.

Eric,

Thanks for letting us know about your paper.

I know that there are a lot of people out there writing papers about GNU
Radio and the USRP (6 papers at SDR'06 alone!), and so I've created a
page on the wiki for people to list them.   I would appreciate it if
people who have published papers could put a link, some bibliographic
info, and hopefully a summary as well, on this page:

http://gnuradio.utah.edu/trac/wiki/AcademicPapers

Thanks,
Matt