Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] fusb_nblock and fusb_block_size

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] fusb_nblock and fusb_block_size
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:29:16 -0500

  fusb_block_size is the size in bytes of the maximum transfer that we
  will ask the kernel to make to/from user-space.  fusb_nblocks is the
  maximum number of transfers (of maximum size fusb_block_size) that we
  can have in flight at any given time.

I think this is Linux-specific.  The NetSBD USB implementation takes
the numbers and pushes them into the kernel where I think there is
similar treatment (total size of read-ahead buffer, and size of IO
request made to USB subsystem).

We'll need to come up with a clean OS/HW independent way of dealing
with block sizes and controlling latency, along with enabling code to
end up at the lowest latency mode that works without hand tuning.