Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multiple C files required by single C++ block. Ho

From: Daniel O'Connor
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multiple C files required by single C++ block. How to build?
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:39:20 +1030

On Wednesday 29 November 2006 09:26, Jonas Hodel wrote:
> I have some existing C-functions which I would like to include in a C+
> signal processing block. The complication is that these C-functions are
> located in a number of different files. I have created a C++ block which
> uses these functions. It appears to build fine but when I come to
> include the new block in my python script I get an “undefined symbol”
> error referring to one of the low level C-functions (I think). In short,
> is it possible to use my existing C-files unchanged (included in my C++
> block)? If so what approach is necessary to make this work/build properly?

You need to compile those .c files into .o files and then link all your .o
files together then it should work fine.

I don't know how to get the GNURadio build system to do that for you though
(probably just appending the names of the .c files to the list of source
files will do it though)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum