Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Trouble building under cygwin

From: Don Ward
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Trouble building under cygwin
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 19:35:00 -0500

The trouble is occuring during the installation of wxPython. I know this is "just" a GUI environment, but I'd still like to get it working. I get to step 6 of http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/wxPythonCygwin, and the make fails, complaining about the fact that the file
C:\cygwin\usr\src\wxPython-src-2.6.3.3\src\jpeg\jmorecfg.h, line 264
(included from C:\cygwin\usr\src\wxPython-src-2.6.3.3\src\jpeg\jpeglib.h:26, which is in turn included from C:\cygwin\usr\src\wxPython-src-2.6.3.3\src\common\imagjpeg.cpp:46)

typedefs boolean as an int, whereas boolean was previously typedef'd as an unsigned char (by C:\cygwin\usr\include\w32api\rpcndr.h:52).

What version of w32api are you using ('cygcheck -c w32api' will tell you)?
If I comment out the original typedef in rpcndr.h, make / make install works ok.

Is this normal? Is my hack likely to cause trouble down the line? If no, you might want to add a note about this issue on the wiki.
It looks like w32api has been changed since version 3.7 and others have run into this problem, too.  I expect your fix is fine---even if it doesn't work, GNU Radio isn't likely to notice a problem in the jpeg code.  A better fix is probably to define HAVE_BOOLEAN in jmorecfg.h (or in src/jpeg/jconfig.h).