Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Initialization of USRP? And a question about wfm_

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Initialization of USRP? And a question about wfm_rcv_file.
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 08:55:14 -0800

On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 03:23:14PM +0100, Lin Ji wrote:
> Hi,
>  How or where does the python code initialize the USRP? Is that when I
> import usrp from gnuradio in the python code?

No, not when the import is done, but rather when the source or sink is
constructed.

>  Another question is about wfm_rcv_file. I thought this code will read the
> buffer of USRP, process it and save it to file. But in the file I saw that
> this line 'src = usrp.source_c' is not been used. I guess this means that
> wfm_rcv_file does not read from the USRP buffer, but from an output file of
> received samples.

Correct.

> There are 2 files, usrp_rx_file and usrp_rx_cfile, I
> suppsoe it's the output of the second one that I shall use as input to this
> wfm_rcv_file?

usrp_rx_file was removed from the respository a _long_ time a ago.
May I kindly suggest that you try the _current_ code.
See http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki

If you want to use the usrp to receive wfm radio, try
usrp_wfm_rcv_pll.py

>  Thanks a lot.
> /Lin

Eric