[Discuss-gnuradio] distribution of USRP image

From: Eric Hill Matlis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] distribution of USRP image
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 17:06:44 -0500 (EST)

Matt-

I have giving a presentation at this year's American Physical Society Fluid Mechanics meeting in Tampa, Fl. I am going to be demo'ing a new flow sensor I designed that will use the USRP. I'd like to include an image of the USRP from your website on a poster. I just want to ok that with you; I don't know if that image is protected via copy-right in any way. I believe the image, which I found at:

http://www.comsec.com/wiki?UniversalSoftwareRadioPeripheral

is courtesy of KD7LMO, so maybe I should be asking him.

Incidentally, the USRP really makes this sensor shine! I am going to demo a wireless mode of transmission. Just as a quick background, the sensor uses a 3 MHz a.c.-driven glow-discharge as the sensing element; the output is AM modulated. Because a glow discharge emits a strong electromagnetic energy content, I found I could simply hang some wire as an antenna and the USRP picks it up beautifully.

thanks,

eric

Eric H. Matlis, Ph.D.
Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering Dept.
120 Hessert Center for Aerospace Research
University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, IN 46556-5684
Phone: (574) 631-6054
Fax:   (574) 631-8355