[Discuss-gnuradio] Reg: Gnu build. (address@hidden)

From: Achilleas Anastasopoulos
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reg: Gnu build. (address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 03:44:21 -0500

Can anyone help at resolving this issue with gr-trellis/doc ?
I am not sure what is going wrong here, since
it builds in all other platforms.

Thanks
Achilleas

------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 17:02:36 +0530
From: <address@hidden>
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reg: Gnu build.
To: <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden,
        address@hidden

Hi!

My problem with minimal gnubuild was finally solved and things went well. From what happened in the past few weeks, I guess the problem was with the outdated cygwin package and a conflict between the built in cpp unit of cygwin and the third party cppunit installed. So once I updated my cygwin package and did not install the built in cppunit with cygwin, the build of minimal gnuradio went successfully and the example program ran well.

Hence I proceeded with the build of a full gnuradio system with all components enabled. But the ./configure produced an error with the gr-trellis module as indicated below..

make[5]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/gnuradio/gr-trellis/src/lib'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/gnuradio/gr-trellis/src/lib'
Making all in python
make[4]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/c/gnuradio/gr-trellis/src/python'
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/gnuradio/gr-trellis/src/python'
make[4]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/c/gnuradio/gr-trellis/src'
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/gnuradio/gr-trellis/src'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/gnuradio/gr-trellis/src'
Making all in doc
make[3]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/c/gnuradio/gr-trellis/doc'
xmlto html-nochunks gr-trellis.xml
xmlto: input does not validate (status 3)
error : Operation in progress
/cygdrive/c/gnuradio/gr-trellis/doc/gr-trellis.xml:6: warning: failed to load external entity "/cygd
rive/c/gnuradio/gr-trellis/doc/docbookx.dtd"
]>
  ^
error : Operation in progress
warning: failed to load external entity "/cygdrive/c/gnuradio/gr-trellis/doc/docbookx.dtd"
Could not load the external subset "docbookx.dtd"
Document /cygdrive/c/gnuradio/gr-trellis/doc/gr-trellis.xml does not validate
make[3]: *** [gr-trellis.html] Error 3
make[3]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/gnuradio/gr-trellis/doc'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/gnuradio/gr-trellis'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/gnuradio'
make: *** [all] Error 2
address@hidden /cygdrive/c/gnuradio
$

However when I disable this gr-trellis component alone in the ./configure, all other modules were built successfully and the example programs were working.

Thnx & Regards,

Shriram K V