Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Examples for USRP at 2.4-2.9Ghz

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Examples for USRP at 2.4-2.9Ghz
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 13:24:46 -0800

Ravi,

All of these questions have been answered in the past, and are in the
list archives:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/

> I tried to run these two examples you told. I am able to see some graph , but
> am getting an error while running usrp_fft.py.
> the eroor is ' ** (python:4223): WARNING **: IPP request failed with status
> 1030' .

This is not a problem.  It is a python warning you can ignore.
> and no response at all while running usrp_siggen.py . able to see 'Press
> enter to quit:' after the command.

This is the correct behavior.  It means the signal generator is
running.  Signals come out the antenna ports.
> i tried one more example- 'wfm_rcv_gui.py' and failed in running this one
> too. i am getting the RX data graphs , but can't listen any audio . i tried
> the strongest freq fm radio signals at my area . the error am getting along
> with this examples is
> ' address@hidden usrp1]# python wfm_rcv_gui.py 107.7

> ** (python:5207): WARNING **: IPP request failed with status 1030
> audio_alsa_sink[hw:0,0]: unable to support sampling rate 32000
>   card requested 44100 instead.'

Also answered in the past.  The problem is that your soundcard doesn't
support the 32000 samples per second rate.  The solution is to add "-O
plughw:0,0" to the end of your command line (without the quotes), which
causes ALSA to resample the output to be at a compatible sample rate.

> please get back to me regarding this

Most of the people answering questions on the list are volunteers
(myself excluded, of course).  Statements like this imply that you are
"owed" an answer, and this makes it  _less_ likely that you will receive
one.

Matt