Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] HDTV Receiver and additional hardware

From: Charles Swiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] HDTV Receiver and additional hardware
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 15:14:44 -0500

On Mon, 2006-11-06 at 09:34 -0800, Eric Blossom wrote:
> Chuck,
>
> Can you please remind me where the ATSC Rx porting effort got stuck?
> What's the immediate problem that needs to be solved?

Everything from antenna to the "bit timing loop" can be done in
2.x, including fpll.  The bit timing loop, field sync checker,
equalizer and demultiplexor do not work in 2.x, altho a vain attempt
at porting has been checked in. Those "compile and run" but are broken.
The "grind on the data" modules that don't really have anything
to do with signal processing are all ported to 2.x: de/randomizer,
rs-de/encoder, de/interleaver and trellis/viterbi all qa test and
work great.

On the transmit side, field sync mux, symbol mapper and weaver
modulator head/tail are not ported.

So the immediate issue is getting bit-timing-loop finished, or
starting over on it correctly.

--Chuck