[Discuss-gnuradio] ADS-B decoding

From: Matteo Campanella
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] ADS-B decoding
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 11:50:33 +0100

So I decided, after Eric posting to spend part of the Sunday taking care
of ADS-B, and started doing some thinkering and frequency monitoring.
>From the links read I thought I should expect bursts of radiofrequency
at 1090MHz whose duration is 0.5 microseconds, differently spaced
depending on whether I am getting the preamble or the bits.

I have tried to monitor 1090MHz using DSB rx, but I could not see any
carrier at all - my discone antenna is not really suited for 1090MHz, so
I guess that either I do not have signals in my zone (quite strange, as
I am close to 2 international airports), or my antenna does not do the
job. Is there anyone on the list interested in the subject that could
provide a recording of some ADS-B bursts?

regards
Matteo iz2eeq