Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp.source_s and usrp.source_c

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp.source_s and usrp.source_c
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 18:09:50 -0800

On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 05:10:14PM -0800, Oussama Sekkat wrote:
> Hi Dawei,
> If you want to start working on the FPGA code, you might want to start with
> the top level verilog modue located at
> gr-build/usrp/fpga/toplevel/usrp_std.v .
> I don't know what kind of modification to the code you'd like to do but in
> any case you'll need the Altera Quartus II software.
> Attached to this email you'll find a description of the functionality of the
> FPGA with block diagrams of the different modules. Toward the end of the
> document, there is a brief tutorial on how to change the verilog code and
> reprogram the board. (there is actually a slightly easier way to do that,
> but I did it the way I did because it saves a little bit of Hard drive space
> : about 20M.the easier way is to copy the whole usrp file)
> There are still some minor details that I will add to that document later
> on.
> I hope this document will be helpful.
> Let me know if you have any questions.
>
> Oussama.

Hi Oussama,

Thanks for putting the document together.

In the future, please just post a link to the document, so that the
160kB attachment doesn't come through the list.

Also, there's no need to edit all the files to change the relative
include path specified in usrp_std.v:

This is not required:

  `include "/../../../firmware/include/[name].v" will need to be changed to
  `include "c:\usrp\include\[name].v"

You might have to edit the project property that sets the top of the
include path.  Actually I don't think you should even have to do that,
since I know that Matt and I build this code from different
directories and don't change anything.

Eric