Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU SDR DSP backend question

From: Jonathan Jacky
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU SDR DSP backend question
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 08:49:53 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, Garrett McGrath wrote:

If somebody
could link me some information on how the block code architecture was
concieved ...

The JSAC96 and JSAC98 papers linked below are informative.
As I understand it, the VuSystem and SpectrumWare/PSpectra
projects at MIT in the mid and late 1990's influenced GNU
Radio. Early GNU Radio distributions included the PSpectra code, I recall. According to the papers, VuSystem was the immediate ancestor of PSPectra.

VuSystem, multimedia
http://tns-www.lcs.mit.edu/vs/vusystem.html
http://tns-www.lcs.mit.edu/publications/JSAC96.html

SpectrumWare/PSpectra, software radio