Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB speed data point

From: ldoolitt
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB speed data point
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 12:33:41 -0700

Uwe -

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 08:35:22PM +0200, Uwe Bonnes wrote:
>     ldoolitt> Hi - I'm bringing up a board http://recycle.lbl.gov/llrf4/
>     ldoolitt> with a hardware and software USB stack based on and (for this
> Some hints for your part list:
> - consider the Spartan 3E family versus Spartan3. 3E is often considerably
>   cheaper
> - look at the actual lead time for the INA138

Thanks for your comments.

The FPGA accounts a tiny fraction of the board cost.
It does look like a XC3S1200E-4FTG256C would shave the cost
down a little, and add a few more gates besides.  There are
non-trivial changes in the pinout, though.  I'm not sure I
want to deal with that on a respin.

The INA138 was in-stock at Digi-Key when I laid out the board,
and we managed to get enough to build the first six (although
they were removed, because I made a pin numbering mistake on
the layout).  When Digi-Key first ran out of stock, I looked
for alternatives, but couldn't find any I liked.

    - Larry