[Discuss-gnuradio] 802.11 wireless channel emulation

From: Rohit Gupta
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] 802.11 wireless channel emulation
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 20:30:53 -0700

Hi,

I am Rohit, working as a grad student at Dept of EE, University of
Washington. We are working on the study of interference in Enterprise WLAN
HD WLAN testbed. We are working on a HD Enterprise WLAN testbed and wanted to conduct some controlled "WLAN type" interference expriments to study the optimal PHY rate and fragment size in HD scenarios.

We are interested in studying the effect of
802.11 type interference on the link characteristics and finding out the
optimum PHY layer rate and packet size for different interference
environments. We are planning to conduct this study in the already deployed
testbed in 4 research labs of Sieg Hall on multi radio platform provided
from Intel. However, it would be great if we could do a similar study using WLAN channel emulator by generating 802.11 type interference in the more controlled envioronment.

We have recently got some GNU Radio boards for ourselves
from Intel Research, Seattle and we would like to set up a similar channel
emulation testbed here at UW. Is there anyone interested in working on wireless PHY channel emulation on GNURadio??? Pls email me directly if anyone is interested.

BR,
Rohit