Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] sampling artefact because of two step mixing?

From: Don Ward
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] sampling artefact because of two step mixing?
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 14:12:52 -0400

I have observed a similar phenomenon with the LFRX daughterboard. It seems there is often (or always?) a peak at DC in the baseband (USRP output) spectrum, regardless of the tuned frequency of the USRP. I suspect it is due to rounding down in the CIC decimation filter. Adding a value of e*complex(1.0,1.0) where 0.5 <= e <= 0.8 to the USRP output will cancel it.

-- Don W.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Luis Simoes" <address@hidden>
[snipped]
As I feed the USRP with a single sine tone with a frequency of 2.444 GHz and an amplitude of -50dbm I saw on my plot a nice peak at 2.444 GHZ but also a
second peak at 2.452 GHZ but attenuated by 15 db's when daughter board is
tuned to 2.452 Ghz.