Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio 3.0 Release Candidate 3 available for t

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio 3.0 Release Candidate 3 available for testing
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 16:01:03 -0700

Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:

> make -j 2 failed last time I tried. Also, make clean fails in gr-trellis/doc
> due to missing $(RM) variable. Haven't tried the actual release.

The 'make -j' or 'make -j nnn' build option failure shows up in a few
places at odd times; this hasn't been debugged yet.  I do suspect it's
from Makefile.am entries where there are more than one item on the left
of a dependency rule.  It wasn't important for the release as our
directions indicate to only use 'make'.

The $(RM) issue you mention was fixed back in r3286.  GNU make defaults
this to 'rm' but there is no default in BSD make.  An entry to
Makefile.common and configure.ac was added to explicitly find this on
the path and use it.

However, I just checked and Makefile.common is not included in
gr-trellis/doc, which is a bug, and can be fixed.  If a bug had been
reported in Trac this would have certainly made it into the 3.0 release.

As it stands it will get queued up for a 3.0.1 dot release.

Johnathan Corgan, AE6HO