[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Announcing GNU Radio Release 3.0 RC 1

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Announcing GNU Radio Release 3.0 RC 1
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 11:16:07 +0200

Johnathan Corgan wrote:

Release 3.0 will contain only incremental functionality over release
2.8; however, this represents the first release using the integrated
build system and combined distribution.

Would it be possible to compile something like a NEWS file with all new features, enhancements and fixes from the last version (2.8)? This could be done via the list.

I think this would be a great thing for showing regular readers and bystoppers what's going on in the project. Of course people reading the list are up to date, but it's not easy to see what was achieved in the say last year or half year. With a listing of achievements people can better realize what a fine thing GNURadio is and how fast it is moving forward.

Morover there are a couple of tutorials out there that would be fine to be compiled in a list in the Wiki (that could be linked to from the release docs). I suggest people just throw in their links on the list.

Are there any licence issues if we want to copy the tutorial's contents? I guess authors mast give their OK, but what else? Licence?

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at  tugraz dot at>