Re: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] to prevent mental damages, avoid dB's.

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] to prevent mental damages, avoid dB's.
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 22:03:27 -0400

You could open Google Spreadsheets in the web browser you've probably
already got open.  Not only that, but you can share it with your
buddies for collaborative editing so everyone can use it!

Or you could just write a bc script to to handle it.  That uses much
less memory, I am sure.

Or we could ask Google to build it into their calculator function so
you can just type "200 dB in mW" and it would do the conversion for
you!

I wasn't trying to be a jerk, but I have noticed that spreadsheets are
much better at converting data to a visual format as well as extending
a dataset you might be building and doing some visual interpretations.
There's always more than one way to skin a cat, as GNURadio is all
about.

On 9/28/06, Daniel O'Connor <address@hidden> wrote:
On Friday 29 September 2006 10:13, Brian Padalino wrote:
> A spreadsheet could work just the same without all the Tcl/Tk
> silliness or input verification problems.

Yeah, a spreadsheet, so lightweight compared to a memory hungry Tcl/Tk
application.

12623 radar         1 103    0 11972K  6068K select   0:00  3.97% wish8.4
12643 darius        6  20    0   120M 72048K kserel   0:07  0.00% soffice.bin

*cough*

Not sure what you mean about input verification.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum