Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] More Questions

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] More Questions
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 21:12:37 -0700

Carlson, Douglas wrote:

I am relatively new to gnuradio – I’ve been trying to get everything up an running – after long vacation – I’m back at it. I’m struggling with the “sound” part of it.

I’m running FC5 on a compact computer with an nvidia sound card. I am following the instructions given in wiki for FC5 build (did most recent last night)

gr-audio-oss seemed to configure and build along with most everything else. When I run dial_tone.py – I get a dial tone out of speakers –

When I run, usrp_wfm_rcv.py, with –f 107.9M (Boston area FM station) – I get indication of signal – demodulation seems to function – but nothing out of speakers – not even white noise. Seems like an issue with the audio sink or something. Any idea where I should be looking for the problem?

gr-audio-alsa is the preferred sound driver.

If audio works in dial_tone.py then it should work in the other app unless your soundcard doesn't support the sample rate it uses (32K). Try using the following option on the command line:

-O plughw:0.0

This enables the alsa audio rate resampler.

Matt