Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Discussion reg: GNURADIO

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Discussion reg: GNURADIO
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 21:09:47 -0700

address@hidden wrote:

We are interested in taking up project in GNU RADIO. We are planning to develop it for windows platform using the PC soundcard using C.

GNU Radio is implemented in C++ and Python, and you will find that is the easiest way to use it.

Should all contributions be in the specified C++ format?? Regarding the hardware is it necessary to use the indicated USRP board?? As we are planning to use a conventional radio receiver to receive the signal, take out the IF signal and hook it to the PC soundcard for further processing, will it be accepted under GNU radio??

You can use GNU Radio without the USRP.

What are all the other possibilities that can be explored??

Using it with the USRP....