Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Progress with the gr-radio-astronomy code

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Progress with the gr-radio-astronomy code
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 21:56:54 -0400

WAAAAYYYY too cool.

Bob

Marcus Leech wrote:

I know that most of you aren't radio astronomers, but I thought it would be interesting for the assemblage to see what is being done with Gnu Radio now. Apart from my modest observatory here, there are two others using the gr-radio-astronomy software, including a somewhat-less-modest astronomical research
 institute in North Carolina.

"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat.
You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los
Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly
the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there.
The only difference is that there is no cat." - Einstein