RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fedora Core 5 gnuradio vmware image

From: Clark Pope
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fedora Core 5 gnuradio vmware image
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 11:55:29 -0400

This is a great idea as it took me about a week to install gnuradio and usrp my first try. If you can make an image that has ALL the gnuradio tools would be even better, e.g. at least:

*fpga compile (is there a linux altera solution yet)
*svn for pulling the latest code
*gnuradio base and code compile
*the gEDA software and usrp schematics, layout files
*fx2 microcontroller tools

As for distributing, if you can keep it to one dvd maybe Matt would agree to sell on his web site for a nominal charge, say $15.

I think it's just a matter of time before vmware supports usb2.0. Once we have that, it's like you say one click to a working gnuradio and folks can spend more time developing and less time configuring.

Thanks,
Clark