[Discuss-gnuradio] big endian/little endian conversion blocks: gr-byteor

From: Josh Jennings
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] big endian/little endian conversion blocks: gr-byteorder
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:12:49 +0200

Hi,
This is an update/improvement to a previous post that ran a few weeks
ago regarding reading and listening to .dat files written on little
endian or big endian machines.

Here is the original thread:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2006-08/msg00041.html

issue. They are similar to the byteorder library on unix (recommended
from Eric). I have added though the
little_endian_to_host/host_to_little_endian for conversions on big
endian machines. Here are the blocks (only complex values are
currently supported):

host_to_network_cc
network_to_host_cc
little_endian_to_host_cc
host_to_little_endian_cc

I have made the blocks available as a tarball to download, make, test
and/or install. To find the downloads and additional information
regarding this, go here:

http://jenningsplanet.com/gr-byteorder.59.0.html

It would be cool if anyone had the desire to test it out and give
feedback to improvements. So far these have worked on my linux and PPC
iBook without problems.

Thanks,
Josh