Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Packet Transfer was: config woes

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Packet Transfer was: config woes
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 00:46:19 +0000

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 02:20:37PM -0700, Lee & Chris studley wrote:
> Guys, I ran across the message thread "Packet Transfer" and it looked like
> it may be related to my stalled thread issue. Could it be a USB issue of a
> small USB packet less than 512 bytes?
>
> -Lee

Hi Lee,

I had trouble parsing the previous message, the formatting was a bit
challenging.

If you are sending discontinous data (bursts of samples as opposed to
continuous streaming) and if the end of a burst does not come out to a
multiple of 512 bytes (128 complex samples), then yes, there could be
data buffered and not yet sent.

I expect that with the introduction of "in band signaling" on the
data path of the USB, this requirement will go away.  However, this is
at least a couple of months out.

Eric