Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] translating the signal from baseband to RF

From: Michael Ford
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] translating the signal from baseband to RF
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 14:15:03 -0500

I'll be able to borrow a spectrum analyzer next week, I just found out. In the meantime, I know you pointed out that fsk_{rx,tx).py are outdated. My followup question is - are every one of the individual signal processing blocks obsolete as well? (simple_correlator, bytes_to_syms, file_source, etc.)? I know the tuning function in that code shouldn't be used.

Also(this is assuming that the correlator and framer blocks are okay to use), do you have any idea as to what might be keeping the correlator from picking up any data? When I set the center frequency and bandwidth, the RSSI readings change accordingly, but nothing is ever dropped into my filesink. I thought I might be undersampling on either the receiver of sender sides.

On 8/16/06, Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 03:34:23PM -0500, Michael Ford wrote:
> Thanks. Just glancing at usrp_siggen.py, things look less abstract than they
> did at the the beginning of the summer. I'll start playing around with it
> right now. As for the output, is there no other way to catch the final
> outpuf than with a sprectrum analyzer or oscilloscope? For example, could I
> possibly directly connect one board to another with an SMA cable and run an
> oscilloscope block at the receiver, if there is such a block?

You could do that, but that introduces the whole RX path into the
equation.  Until you understand what's going on, I suggest a trip to the lab ;)

Eric