Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] README buglet

From: LRK
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] README buglet
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 16:12:12 -0500

On Sun, Aug 13, 2006 at 02:01:23PM -0700, Eric Blossom wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 04:49:00PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> >
> > Also, ./configure fails to find py-wxWidgets because it invokes
> > 'python', and NetBSD has only some of python2.3 and python2.4 (for 2.0
> > to 2.4).  It seems the main python check works, so probably the py-wx
> > check should use something like ${PYTHON} instead.  Even on systems
> > that have a default, this is scary because configure might have chosen
> > a non-default version (but maybe this can't happen).  My system has
> > 2.3 and 2.4, and py24-wxWidggets.  I can python2.4 and 'import wx;'
> > with no errors.
> >

> This seems like a strange convention (no python, just python2.3,
> python2.4, etc).  What is the recommended magic to put at the top of
> python scripts?  We've been using "#!/usr/bin/env python"

FreeBSD does a hard link to the 'latest' version of such when using
the 'ports'. It doesn't do so for the autotools for whatever mysterious
reason. Probably something similar in NetBSD should set the default
version to use.

The python2.4 name is there for any programs needing a specific version.

--
LRK