Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] fsk_tx.py - transmission frequency

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] fsk_tx.py - transmission frequency
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 15:19:25 -0700

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 04:30:50PM -0500, Michael Ford wrote:
> I'm looking at the following code:
>
> http://www.koders.com/python/fidA197012A520F0CE96AE6C6A41D559B9E2A5A8D63.aspx
>
> and if you look at line 72, you'll see:
>
> u.set_tx_freq(0, options.cordic_freq)
>
> However, when I look to see what that cordic_freq is, I see that
> the default
> is 29.32e6 (Line 19). I thought that the 2400 was supposed to
> communicate
> from 2.3-2.9 GHz. The comment for set_tx_freq() in usrp_standard.h
> says that
> the frequency argument for set_tx_freq() has to be set from [-44M,
> 44M].
> Even more confusing is that when I tune the receiving USRP board to
> 2.4GHz,
> I get a high reading. How can I determine what center frequency the
> transmitting board is actually communicating at?

Michael, please try using the current code.  There's a reason that
fsk_tx.py is not in the current code base, and hasn't been for the
past year.

If you want an example of transmit code that works with any
daughterboard, please take a look (in the current svn code --
http://gnuradio.utah.edu/trac -- for directions)
usrp-examples/python/usrp/fm_tx4.py

Eric