Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] pll refout vs carriertracking

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] pll refout vs carriertracking
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:31:04 -0400

I did that on purpose. There are myriad instances where you want the recovered carrier or tone but not have the complex input mixed to the "new zero". If you want a recovery and baseband, I suggest that rather than do an if test, we make a new module that is track and mix.

Bob

Matt Ettus wrote:

Bob --

I think we have a problem with carriertracking -- it was supposed to mix the input signal down, and output that, but it looks like it just outputs the reference, like refout.

Charles --
To detect AM, you can:

1 - take output of pll_refout_cc, take its complex conjugate and complex multiply that by the input signal. The audio you want is in the real output. The imaginary output should only have noise. If the RMS value of both is about the same you don't have lock, or the signal is very noisy.

-OR-

2 - Fix pll_carriertracking_cc to do what I said in 1, above, since that is what it was supposed to do.

Matt