Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] bits per sample

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] bits per sample
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 10:05:37 -0700

Vincenzo Pellegrini wrote:

Thanks Matt,
but what I would like to do is to control how many bits per sample are
used (possibly at the python level) in order to afford (over the USB2
bus) sampling frequencies larger then 8 Complex Msps.

The aim is to digitize a band wider than 8MHz.
We already have a mode which does 8-bit samples over the bus, which gives 16 complex Msps, for 16 MHz of BW.

Matt