Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] bandwidth for USRP

From: Nikhil
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] bandwidth for USRP
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 21:17:45 -0400

>doesn't it look like the USB 2.0 is a heavily constraining bottleneck?

Yes, USB2.0 is the bottleneck.

>And, if I'm not wrong about this, will it be possible in the future to
>have a USRP <--> PC interface which doesn't limit us so much.

Other than 802.11, there aren't many applications that require more than
8 MHz of bandwidth.

We're building cards for channel sounding and other wireless applications that typically require sampling of bandwidths greater than 8 MHz.  For this we're using a PLX chip -- 9054 (32-bit/33 MHz).   With this chip we're expecting to achieve a throughput of about 90 MByte/second.  You can try the 9056 if this doesn't meet your bandwidth requirements.

Cheers.
Nikhil