Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Which LinuxOS to use?-->1.Unbuntu, Fedora, Mandra

From: Gregg Levine
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Which LinuxOS to use?-->1.Unbuntu, Fedora, Mandrake, FreeBSD
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 13:16:04 -0400

Hello!
NASA AMES? I know of that facility. Its over the LA area at one of the
original NACA research facility sites, next door to Moffet field,
named for an Admiral who championed the airship. Let's just say I've
got a good feeling for what goes on at the NASA research places. (Ask
me off list if your really curious.)

But anyway of the ones you'v mentioned, Ubuntu is good because its
even easier to use then Debian, which is what it is based on. Mandrake
was renamed Mandriva because of copyright complaints. Fedora is still
too unstable. I personally prefer Slackware Linux www.slackware.com
for all of my Intel based setups.

--
Gregg C Levine address@hidden
"This signature was once found posting rude