Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP in Windows

From: Martin Dvh
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP in Windows
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 00:04:57 +0200

Angilberto Muniz Sb wrote:
> Just make it clear:
>
> I have GNURadio and USRP running under Windows
> (olifantasia version). What I'm looking now is a way
> to write my own code in C/C++ (Dev-Cpp) using the
> libraries included in the olifantasia package.
I put up a new readme on my webpage with the binary installers.
I also put all the library and include files from the required external libs up.

This is the changed part of the readme:
"For developers:
In built-2.6cvs you will find tarfiles from all the built sources, These
include  all the lib.a files, include files, object files , dlls and
executables as a result of the complete built sources.
So if any dll or other file is missing in this installer you can find it there
You also need these if you start developing your own C or C++ code and don't
want to built gnuradio and all required libs from source yourself.

In source you will find the sources which where used to built these files.

In required-for-build-from-source you will find the binaries from the tools and
libraries I used to build gnuradio and usrp (all needed dlls,
executables, libraries (libXXX.a) and  include header files should be in the
tarballs.)

You can use these if you want to build gnuradio or usrp yourself using msys and
mingw.
You might also need these if you build your own C or C++ files using the
gnuradio and/or usrp libraries.

A more save method is building all these libraries yourself. Esppecially
cppunit is picky when it comes to mixing different gcc versions.

bin/build_all_windows_installers_cvs.sh is the top script which is used to
build the installers from the built sources.

There are some hardcoded paths in there so you may have to change these for
your setup.
You also need to have innosetup installed if you want to built everything.
When the main script launches innosetup you just need to command it to do the
compile and close it.
After that the built script will continue
(The script will do this twice)"

At some point in time I might make a package which you can install over
msys/mingw to get all required files for developing with gnuradio and
the usrp, but don't expect it very soon.

If anybody finds out bugs, or tricks in using and developing with usrp/gnuradio
on windows, please let me know (using this mailinglist)
Also feel free to add and improve on the gnuradio on windows/ming WIKI.

http://comsec.com/wiki?MinGW

Some background information on my build-process:
I used mingw/MSYS to build on windows.
To build everything I installed
mingw/MSYS
python-2.4.1.msi, wxPython2.6-win32-ansi-2.6.0.0-py24.exe
and python numeric

Then I build and installed all the required libraries.
then I build gnuradio-core, usrp,gr-usrp,gr-wxgui, gr-audio-windows.
then I build the binary installers for all python-related parts
Then I build the main installer using innosetup.

See the build scripts for the binary installers at:
http://www.olifantasia.com/projects/gnuradio/mdvh/mingw/binary-installer/gnuradio-with-usrp/source-2.6cvs/bin/

Greetings,
Martin