Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Assertion Error when running gnuradio examples

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Assertion Error when running gnuradio examples
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 20:55:28 -0700

On Sat, May 20, 2006 at 11:03:03AM -0700, Thomas Schmid wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> GNURadio is under active development. Therefore, file names can change
> and thus tutorials don't reflect the latest changes until they are
> updated. The two file syou found, std_2rxhb_2tx.rbf and
> std_4rx_0tx.rbf, are two different versions for the USRP firmware. the
> first one has two rx and to tx paths, the second one has 4 rx and no
> tx.
>
> When the oscilloscope run, did you see a change in the LED on your
> USRP, i.e., did it first blink fast, and once the oscilloscope was
> running it blinked slower? If, then everything is fine. If not, then
> follow the installation instructions here:
> http://www.comsec.com/wiki?UsrpInstall
> except that I think we are at rev4 for the firmware now, instead of rev2.
>
> The exception you get is probably because you have the wrong
> daughterboard in your USRP. What is the configuration you are using?
>
> Cheers,
> Thomas

Thanks Thomas.  Those are all good suggestions.

Michael,

The problem is twofold.

  (1) You asked the 2.4 GHz daughterboard to attempt to tune to 101.5 Hz

  > usrp_wfm_rcv_nogui.py -f 101.5  # should really be -f 101.5M

  (2) There's a bug in the daughterboard code, that has it blow up
      instead of just cleanly returning a failure code.

[Matt, can you please fix this when you return from Dayton?  This problem
 may exist for all the RFX boards.]

Also, the tutorials (like most everything) were written by a
volunteer.  The underlying code base has changed since they were
written.  Perhaps Dawei or someone else can update them if they get a
chance.

Eric