[Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about using sound card for data tranfer.

From: 2 1
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about using sound card for data tranfer.
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 15:58:08 +0800

Hi, bodys:)

I'm trying to use the sound card to transferring bits and I find it may not be as easy as using USRP.
My efforts are based on the fsk_tx.py and fsk_rx.py.
The audio.sink & audio.source only I/O float type data, and not like USRP, we cannot set decimation ratio or interpolation ratio for sound card.
So I set this two ratio to 1 and use complex_to_float & float_to_complex connecting the sound card with modulating & demodulating blocks.
But I seriously doubt if it is right in this way, and not surprising, I get nothing at the rx.
To ensure the validation of the configuration of fsk mod and demod, I write another script with framing, modulation, demodulation and deframing connected in a line without sound card. It works well and the received frame seq number can be correctly printed out. Besides, I can here the sound of transmitted signal from the sound card, and the line-in input is ok.

Needing some hints about doing communication with sound card. My source codes are mailed.

Hanwen