Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SDCC build note for Fedora Core 5

From: Lamar Owen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SDCC build note for Fedora Core 5
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:46:44 -0400

On Friday 21 April 2006 14:40, Lamar Owen wrote:
> On Friday 21 April 2006 14:25, Lamar Owen wrote:
> > Building gnuradio-core and friends now.
>
> gnuradio-core built and installed, passing its test suite.
> ditto gr-audio-alsa, gr-audio-oss, gr-usrp, gr-wxgui, gnuradio-examples,
> gr-gsm-fr-vocoder, gr-howto-write-a-block.
>
> Looks like it worked so far.  Let's see....
> Aha, works.
> I have a usrp_wfm_rx up with my TVRX listening to Channel 21's audio.
> Sounds good.
>
> All modules are current CVS (or SVN in the case of USRP).

Oh, this was done as root (I know, shame on me...)

This is by far the easiest GNUradio build I've yet seen (including having to
track down the SDCC version that would easily compile).  Everything except
SDCC that GNUradio requires is included already in either Fedora Core 5 or
Fedora Extras 5 (including livna.org as a FE5 adjunct).

This means an RPM dist of GNUradio for FC5/FE5 would not be too hard, and
might even be includable in FE5.

I should probably do a tarball build to check that, though.  Of course, the
tarballs lag CVS, and once you're on the CVS slope it's hard to go
back... ;-)
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology