Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] compiling atsc_trellis_encoder.cc

From: Charles Swiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] compiling atsc_trellis_encoder.cc
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 18:05:11 -0400

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 09:52 -0400, Charles Swiger wrote:
> Well, it compiles but there are likely still issues since the 0.9 work
> function in GrAtscTrellisEncoder.cc has stuff to deal with an array
> of encoders that I don't understand:
>

>   // We must produce output.size units of output.
>
>   for (unsigned int i = 0; i < output.size; i +=
> atsci_trellis_encoder::NCODERS){
>     // primitive does 12 segments at a time.
>     // pipeline info is handled in the primitive.
>     encoder.encode (&out[i], &in[i + start]);
>   }
>

> Guess I'll look at where output.size comes from and what start does.
>
> --Chuck

Yeah, if anybody has a clue how to implement the work function for
an atsc_trellis_encoder.cc - I'm stuck. The code compiles but
segfaults, very likely due to using a simple:

  for (int i = 0; i < noutput_items; i++){
    d_trellis_encoder.encode(&out[i], &in[i]);

Mainly, I have no idea how output.size is created from
setOutputSize(atsci_trellis_encoder::NCODERS);

Would that be 12 * sizeof_atsc_data_segment ?
(NCODERS = 12)