[Discuss-gnuradio] Capturing data to file

From: jjw
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Capturing data to file
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 10:51:19 -0800 (PST)

Has anybody had any experience using the capture_to_file.py code from KD7LMO?
(http://kd7lmo.net/ground_gnuradio_software.html)  I am interested in the
functionality to set up an IF frequency and bandwidth and dump the data to a
file.  When I have attempted to run the program I have encountered the
following error....

address@hidden ~]$ ./capture_to_file.py narrowband_256k_complex.dat
10.7 250 30
Capturing  7680000  samples
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./capture_to_file.py", line 67, in ?
    main (sys.argv[1:])
  File "./capture_to_file.py", line 63, in main
    fg = build_graph (filename, IF_freq_hz, decim_rate, samples)
  File "./capture_to_file.py", line 38, in build_graph
    src = usrp.source_c (0, decim, 1, mux)
  File "/home/jjw27370/gr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/usrp.py",
line 242, in __init__
    fpga_filename, firmware_filename)
  File "/home/jjw27370/gr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/usrp1.py",
line 1208, in source_c
    return _usrp1.source_c(*args)
TypeError: in method 'source_c', argument 4 of type 'int'

It seems there is something wrong with the way that mux is declared in the
capture_to_file.py code (0xf0f0f0f0).  According to Dawai Shen's tutorial on
USRP (http://www.nd.edu/~dshen/GNU/Tutorial/4.html) 0xf0f0f0f0 should be a
valid combination to use.  Maybe I am missing some trivial detail or maybe
this code was designed for an older version of GNU Radio, but if anybody
could shed some light on this issue or maybe knows of a better program for
capturing data to a file, it would be helpful.

Thanks,
John