Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DC on antenna

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DC on antenna
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 10:24:21 -0800

No.  Let me be clearer...

If you have a DBSRX Rev 2.0 board  (what most people have):
        Apply your bias voltage to the pin labeled "+" on J100 (the
                one closer to the SMA).  The other pin on J100
                is ground.
        Your bias voltage can be up to 30 V, and you can draw as
                much as 500 mA.

If you have a DBSRX Rev 2.1 board you have 2 choices:
        1)  Do the same as above.

        2)  If your desired bias voltage is 5.0V, you can instead
                simply short the 2 pins of J101 (NOT J100) together.
                Most GPS antennas can take 5V.  Ignore the silkscreen
                which says 6V.  You can draw about 200-300mA only.

J101 is only on rev 2.1 boards, not 2.0 boards.

Matt