[Discuss-gnuradio] multi_tone.py

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] multi_tone.py
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 05:19:28 -0500

multi_tone.py has been committed that supports
jack  with -O jack
portaudio with -O pa
oss with -O /dev/dsp
alsa otherwise

The portaudio sink segment faulted. jack support was partial and produces good sound on one channel if connected and rough sound if connected to the other channel.

This is a good test file to get all of the outputs working correctly. We need to get the multiple channel support going. When I connect my delta 44 to jack about a dozen channel show up. On alsa this is handled by plughw but jack just handles it beautifully. On Windows, the channels are better id'd as 1/2, 3/4, and Multi (1,2,3,4) (I know this from using WSJT which I got to use portaudio and the reason for my bringing it up to this group).

Bob