[Discuss-gnuradio] Portaudio

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Portaudio
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 15:39:47 -0500

Some important fixes have been made in the last two weeks and that group is really starting to come alive since Audacity and Debian both threatened them with removal from their projects if they did not get their V19 version out the door. That has helped tremendously. I am adding WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE to wmme so they can support 5.1 speakers (for example) so I am holding my nose and helping them with windows. Arve Knudsen with input from several new Debian and Audacity contributors have moved Linux along nicely. Bjorn Roche has really been moving the coreaudio stuff along as well as helping with Linux. Eric Wachsmann made wdm-ks work for the first time ever and it is solid. I can see the end game on V19 being released from development to stable.

It will be important to stay current:

cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/home/cvs co -r v19-devel portaudio

v18 is almost useless.

Bob