[Discuss-gnuradio] FFTW 3.1/ PortAudio

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] FFTW 3.1/ PortAudio
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 13:29:55 -0500

On building FFTW3.1  the following works

configure --enable-sse --enable-threads --enable-shared --enable-float --enable-3dnow

--enable-k7 and --enable-shared do not work together but 3dnow works with shared. Go figure. This library has been tested on my P4HT, Dual Athlon MP, 8 head Athlon Dual Core Opteron, and through MinGW on my windows machines. On Winblows --enable-threads does not work yet and in addition one must use --with-our-malloc16 to prevent certain problems on Windows and the win32 malloc. Cygwin has released pthreads-win32 and it works as a native win32 library. This is probably the basis for pthreads under cygwin so I will attempt to do the library under cygwin to see if we can get thread safer code. Frank and I use pthreads in the Win32 version of DttSP.

I am looking for a bug in my callback under portaudio on DttSP. This will enable us to cross platform DttSP on linux, bsd, mac, and wintel. I have built gr-audio-portaudio but I want to make sure that it supports a rich enough set of features to use libportaudio and pa19.dll on linux and winblows respectively which is the only real reason for using portaudio. I will ask for help here and elsewhere with talking to coreaudio since I do not own a mac machine and the ones I have at work are locked in. It is my belief that this will really make gnuradio-win32 a possibility after all the great work done by DvH, Fillod, etc.

Bob