Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Windows Port Error - Some Success!

From: Robert Roberts
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Windows Port Error - Some Success!
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 15:07:19 -0500

Hello!

The new build works well on the Pentium system I have GNURadio is up
and running with the USRP. I now see what was meant with samples being
dropped for the USRP. Has anyone made any progress on remeding this?

For the Opteron System GNURadio still has issues.    Running an
example still get the following error.

C:\gnuradio-examples-0.4\python\audio>mono_tone.py
gr_vmcircbuf_mmap_createfilemapping: non contiguous mmap - 012D0000
00000000 00040000 01310000
gr_vmcircbuf_mmap_createfilemapping: non contiguous mmap - 012D0000
00000000 00040000 01310000
gr_vmcircbuf_sysv_shm: sysv shared memory is not available
gr_vmcircbuf_mmap_shm_open: mmap or shm_open is not available
gr_vmcircbuf_mmap_tmpfile: mmap or mkstemp is not available
gr_vmcircbuf_sysconfig: unable to find a working factory!

If I run the test program I see:

C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\gnuradio\gr>test_vmcircbuf.exe
Testing gr_vmcircbuf_createfilemapping_factory...
....... gr_vmcircbuf_createfilemapping_factory: OK
Testing gr_vmcircbuf_sysv_shm_factory...
gr_vmcircbuf_sysv_shm: sysv shared memory is not available
....... gr_vmcircbuf_sysv_shm_factory: Doesn't work
Testing gr_vmcircbuf_mmap_shm_open_factory...
gr_vmcircbuf_mmap_shm_open: mmap or shm_open is not available
....... gr_vmcircbuf_mmap_shm_open_factory: Doesn't work
Testing gr_vmcircbuf_mmap_tmpfile_factory...
gr_vmcircbuf_mmap_tmpfile: mmap or mkstemp is not available
....... gr_vmcircbuf_mmap_tmpfile_factory: Doesn't work
test_vmcircbuf: OK.  We've got at least one workable solution

It says there is one workable solution. How should I go about
exploiting this?

Thanks!
~Chris~