[Discuss-gnuradio] Powermate not found?

From: John Ackermann N8UR
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Powermate not found?
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 12:14:33 -0500

Hi --

I'm running a CVS snapshot that's about a week old on my Debian system,
and for some reason the Powermate knob isn't being detected.  I am using
kernel 2.6.15 and lsmod shows the powermate module installed, and the
little blue LED is glowing happily.  Yet apps report: "FYI: No Powermate
or Contour Knob found."  The same snapshot built on my laptop (after the
Ubuntu pain mentioned here a week or so ago) has no problems; the knob
works just fine there.

Any ideas about what to check?  I'm running as root, so I wouldn't think
it to be a permissions problem.

Thanks,

John