Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio build dependencies

From: John Ackermann N8UR
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio build dependencies
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 20:36:08 -0500

Eric Blossom said the following on 01/06/2006 07:26 PM:
> On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 09:33:33AM -0500, John Ackermann N8UR wrote:

>>I looked on the wiki but couldn't find anything that listed the version
>>dependencies.  That would be a useful thing to add if/when someone has
>>a chance.
>

> FYI, It's in the gnuradio-core README.

Thanks, Eric.  A suggestion -- maybe that README should be part of the
gr-build download (ie, top level README) in addition to being in
gnuradio-core.

BTW -- one of the challenges with Debian is that the automake version
that's installed by default is 1.4.  I don't know why they continue to
include such an ancient version.  You need to uninstall 1.4 and install
1.9 (which is available as "automake1.9") and then things seem to work
from the tools perspective.

John